The Artha Venture Challenge is an interesting opportunity for social enterprises – a national challenge seeking to identify and reward up to 15 social ventures in India.
The Artha Venture Challenge is an intensive 12-month program that is designed to social enterprises to raise investment of between INR 30 lakh to 100 lakh (USD $50,000 to $200,000). The AVC makes it easier to attract early stage, patient capital by providing up to INR 30 lakh (USD $50,000) of match funding. AVC works with early stage social enterprises to build a compelling growth story, finding investors, making strategic connections and supporting you as an entrepreneur during the journey.
AVC is looking for up to fifteen ambitious social ventures to grow their enterprises to deliver impact at scale in India. Ventures selected as part of the Artha Venture Challenge cohort will get:
• The exclusive opportunity to apply for INR 30 lakh (USD $50,000) funding if matched by at least the same amount in co-investment
• Exposure to a closed network of impact investors
• Connection to a network of experienced entrepreneurs, specialists and business leaders
• Investment readiness support including pro bono legal services
• Profiled as ‘one to watch’ amongst the top fifteen most high potential social entrepreneurs in India
Enterprises based in India operating in agriculture, energy, water, livelihoods and other sectors that have completed proof of concept and are seeking growth investment are invited to apply. Nominations and applications are open until June 11, 2014.
The enterprise selected as part of the final cohort, will receive tailored access to experienced mentors, connections to a closed group of impact investors, significant media coverage and the opportunity to pitch for USD 50,000 in equity investment if matched by the same amount in co-investment.
Should you have any questions regarding this challenge, please feel free to contact us.